www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

Internet requires manual dhcp renew after several hours

View previous topic :: View next topic  
qpohiegh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Internet requires manual dhcp renew after several hours Reply with quote

Hello,

Zeroshell is working great except that the internet stops working after 4-8 hours. It is a cable modem connected to eth3 on dhcp.

After a couple hours the connection dies and I have to go into zeroshell and click dynamic ip > renew on eth3. It doesn't even get assigned a new IP, but it kickstarts the internet again.

Is there something I'm missing (I can't find anywhere to decrease the lease time), or is there a script to auto-renew after X minutes?
jeraeza

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: bump Reply with quote

Hello and thanks to Fulvio for this free distribution and tot he communicty for all the help I found upto now.

I have the same exact problem the OP posted above, my ETH00 interface, which has a static ip (192.168.1.75) is connected to a TP-LINK modem-router which gives ADSL connectivity, releasing a DHCP ip (typically 192.168.1.102) thus allowing the ZS box to access internet.

Problem is, after ~8 hours internet goes down and the only thing seeming to work is go into the GUI and renew the dynamic ip assigned to ETH00, so I tried to do as described here:

http://www.zeroshell.net/eng/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3319&sid=1468f2d95ef8b5911315115f0777338b

and set up a cron job running every 15 minutes, which only does

Code:
dhclient ETH00

but it seems nothing changes, after ~8 hrs internet went down all the same...

I wonder if someone had the same troubles and found a workaround or a solution for this.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> ZeroShell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: