Joined: 28 Jan 2009
Location: Athens, Greece
|Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:41 pm Post subject: Cannot create entry in existing DNS zone
This seems to be a very strange problem, most likely attributed to a corrupt LDAP database. However, it only appears when I do the following, and cannot be replicated for ANY other zone.
1. I have an existings zone called hello.gr, with SOA record & some additional entries (NS, A, MX). No problems here.
2. I create an A type record for mail, with no problem.
3. I try to create an A type record for WWW, but an error comes up "ERROR: ldap_add: Already exists (6".
However, the www record IS nowhere listed.
4. I try to delete it, no response is printed, and if one tries to recreate it, the above error comes up.
5. Even worse, if I DELETE the ENTIRE ZONE, I can recreate everything BUT the www record for this domain.. its driving me nuts!!!
My question is : how can I remove the www from the (possibly) corrupt LDAP database without affecting anything else?
Thanks for your help and for a great product, fulvio.