www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

Help! never used Zeroshell before, need help with NAT

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasons

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Help! never used Zeroshell before, need help with NAT Reply with quote

long story short, I just got hired by a company after their old IT guy left. He set them up using a Zeroshell router but left no information as to how it works or is setup. I had never even heard of Zeroshell before last week so i have no idea how to use it. It took me two days just to figure out how to get into the device using the serial port. That all being said i need a link to a good manual for someone that knows nothing about this thing. I looked around but could not find anything that was very helpful.

My more pressing issue. We just got several new Ipads so that some people could use them to check their email when they are away from their desk, but the will not connect to our exchange server when on our wireless connection. I believe the problem is that they are using the external IP address for the exchange server and that wont resolve internally. I also believe the solution is to setup some sort of NAT reflection to point the external IP address back at the exchange server. the problem is i have no idea how to do this on Zeroshell. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
jasons

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since no one has any input on my problem could someone at lest help me access the web GUI? from what i have read it should be as simple as typing the devices ip address into the browser but that is not working. is there a trick to this? ANY help would be appreciated. We are running zeroshell 1.0.beta11b on a PC engines alix2d3 if that helps any.

thanks
JamesR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Help! never used Zeroshell before, need help with NAT Reply with quote

jasons wrote:
long story short, I just got hired by a company after their old IT guy left. He set them up using a Zeroshell router but left no information as to how it works or is setup. I had never even heard of Zeroshell before last week so i have no idea how to use it. It took me two days just to figure out how to get into the device using the serial port. That all being said i need a link to a good manual for someone that knows nothing about this thing. I looked around but could not find anything that was very helpful.

My more pressing issue. We just got several new Ipads so that some people could use them to check their email when they are away from their desk, but the will not connect to our exchange server when on our wireless connection. I believe the problem is that they are using the external IP address for the exchange server and that wont resolve internally. I also believe the solution is to setup some sort of NAT reflection to point the external IP address back at the exchange server. the problem is i have no idea how to do this on Zeroshell. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

I used 2.0 RC2 but all I had to do was go to NAT under setup and pick the outside interface for NAT.
WMD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with JamesR. Just click router then NAT. Highlight the NIC that connects to your modem and click the arrows sending it to the right side. Save it and you should be good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> ZeroShell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: