www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

New release 2.0.RC2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fulvio
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: New release 2.0.RC2 Reply with quote

Hi,

Zeroshell 2.0.RC2 improves the support for the load balancing and fault tolerance of multiple connections to the Internet. Particularly, this release allows to keep in Standby PPPoE (xDSL) and UMTS/HSDPA connections, activating the PPP protocol only in the event of absence of connectivity from other accesses. These connections are again placed in standby mode when connectivity is recovered from the default accesses. Improved the Failover mechanism with check in Layer 2 as well as with ICMP. Updated the VPN Bonding for bandwidth aggregation and failover of the LAN-to-LAN connections. Fixed several bugs in the system. In particular, it has been solved a problem that caused the freezing of the Captive Portal under high load.

Regards
Fulvio

Last edited by fulvio on Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
DrmCa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I am slow as Zeroshell 1.0 was running for quite some time w/o me even remembering I had a router (see how stable it is!Smile...

...but now that 2.0 is out, I have a question: can I just insert a new CD with 2.0 into the box with configuration of 1.0 saved on a HDD and reboot? Will it automatically pick up 1.0 saved config and carry on?

And just want to use this opportunity to thank Fulvio for incredible work he is doing and to re-state how happy I am that Zeroshell is out there. Zeroshell has truly taken all troubles off my shoulders.

I never stop recommending Zeroshell to everyone who is looking into using a router.

Thank you Fulvio! Much appreciated. Your work proves you are an old school developer - quality and user oriented!
fulvio
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
yes you just need to reboot with the new live cd to upgrade the system to the 2.0.RC2.
Thanks a lot for your compliments.

Regards
Fulvio
ronelbr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: HD Version Reply with quote

I am new here and I am trying Zeroshell.

I had to install 2.0 RC1 b/c the HD version from RC2 is not working.

I try the same way to install both. Just version RC1 works.

Thanks
DrmCa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Test your RC2 download with MD5, looks like it is making its way to the mirrors and file you've d/l could be broken. I had the same issue. Switzerland mirror has a complete file for sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> ZeroShell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: