www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

How to make true ADSL link aggregation using Zeroshell

View previous topic :: View next topic  
olivier1010

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: How to make true ADSL link aggregation using Zeroshell Reply with quote

I'd like to make a true ADSL link aggregation using zeroshell.

My idea is to use a dedicated server hosted externaly on Internet.

This server would have VPN links with each client site, one VPN for each ADSL link.

Next, those VPNs would be bounded together and routed on an external IP of the server.

Internal routing could be done as well to link many clients attached to the same server.

This should allow to make a true link aggregation.

My main problem is that it is expensive to get more than one IPv4 adress for a dedicated hosted server. And this solution need one public IP adress on the server for each client, more one IP address to access the server.

So my idea is to use a low cost server, with only one IPv4 address (about 20 euros per month).

Next, enabling IPv6 on this server, it would be possible to define as many IPv6 adresses as we need for our clients VPN tunnel.

IPv6 is available for example at ovh.com at no expense. ADSL links (in france) have IPv6 native support (in a professional ISP). So we can link directly our tunnels with IPv6.

So it would be possible to create an IPv4 over IPv6 link to reach the aggregation server, and use the IPv4 address of the server to reach the Internet through eventuallya NAT translation to be able to have more than one aggregation client on the same server.

With this solution we have a true link aggregation reachable from the outside, using only a low cost dedicated hosted external server.

It would be nice to be able to do this with zeroshell. But for this to work, zeroshell would need to be installable on red-hat or cent-os, because it is not possible to put a cdrom in a hosted server.

Olivier.
benjaminCarburant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Olivier,

I also try fo 3 days to make ADSL bonding with Zeroshell over a remote kimsufi.

Did you find any way ?

I succeed last weekend with the current configuration :

Kimsufi Debian 7 with VirtualBox, mounting the ISO of ZS and SNAT+DNAT

4 ADSL Connexions : Numericable (192.168.0.1) / 1 Free (192.168.0.2) / 1 BBox (192.168.0.3) / 1 Orange (192.168.0.4)

My local ZeroShell (192.168.0.5)

One VPN by connexion (with no ip adress)

One bonding connexion including my four VPN, on the remote and local ZS : network 192.168.2.0

After 3 days, i get all this configuration work and i was a little bit disapointed : i only reach 2mb UP & DOWN, and, only Numericable and BBox can each serve 1Mb Up and 30Mb down.

Maybe i have to take only OVH ADSL lines ?

Actually, i try to mount a ZS image directly on the kimsufi (maybe better perf ?). I found that you can change the default IP adress after gunzip -c the image on the kimsufi disk in rescue mode by modifying this file : _DB.001/var/register/system/net/interfaces/ETH00/IP/00/IP and others in the same folder.

But the server don't start Sad

Any suggestion ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> ZeroShell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: