www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

Internet <-- Another firewall <----> zeroshell ---&

View previous topic :: View next topic  
n0th1n6

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Internet <-- Another firewall <----> zeroshell ---& Reply with quote

Hi! Im a newbie here so greetings to all. I already have a firewall running in my current network however, it lacks the l7 feature and the QoS that comes with it is kinda messing with some of the applications that need internet connection. I am planning this config:

Code:

public ip                 10.0.0.x           10.0.0.x               192.168.98.x/23
internet <-----> old firewall <------------------------> zeroshell <--------------> LAN and vlans

I am wondering if this will work just fine, no worry about latency, I simply need a way to filter p2p effectively. At the same time this machine will do some vlan routing Smile.

Hope my explanation is clear Smile

Thanks
rochajoel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

i'm also interested in having this topology:

192.168.0.0/24 <---------------------------> 192.168.1.0/24 <------------> 192.168.2.0/24
Internet <-------> Windows Server 2003 <-----------------> zeroshell <-----------------> AP <--------------> Wifi RADIUS clients

and i would like to administer it all from the Windows Server 2003 machine, is it possible?

i already managed to register Wifi clients when i put the AP within the 192.168.1.0/24 network, but when i switch the AP to the 192.168.2.0/24 network it stops having conection to the RADIUS server... I think maybe this is some kind of limitation of the Zeroshell

Please Help!
rochajoel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already managed to do it!
Thank you Fluvio Ricardi for the great software suite!
khildin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Care to share how you managed to do so? (so the rest of the community can learn and don't have to bother to start new topics Smile )
rochajoel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was a really dumb human error.... i forgot that the AP could not comunicate with the Zeroshell Radius server because it was in another IP address range... i was connecting the AP in the IP range 192.168.1.0/24, and the Zeroshell eth01 port was configured to use the 192.168.2.0/24 range... Zeroshell was not prepared to receive anything from 192.168.1.0/24 network on eth01...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> Networking All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: