www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

Bonding 2x ADSL lines

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carlmeek

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Bonding 2x ADSL lines Reply with quote

I've read through all the forum posts, and tried a million things - i'm out of ideas and would appreciate some help.

I have two Zeroshell boxes, one at the data centre on a gig link, one at my home.

My home has two ADSL connections which are 8 megabit down, 448kb up. Both are PPPoA with 1500 MTU.

I have a bond, and openvpn links across both.

I'm finding that a single VPN, unbonded is getting a throughput of around 1.5 megabit - this is awful. When bonded it gets just under 3.0.

So the problem appears to be the throughput on a single VPN. I've tried tweaking tun-mtu, mssfix, fragment. I can make the figures improve, or worsen, but can't get any more than 1.5 or 1.6 megabit on the tunnel.

Machines are virtual, running on Hyper-V, 2gb RAM, very fast under utilised servers.

I've also tried building the whole setup by hand in Ubuntu, and the results are the same.

Quite simply - i need some help making an openVPN get better throughput on an ADSL line with a particularly slow upload.

My stats are from iPerf. The lines individual get around 6mb.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
-Carl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> ZeroShell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: