www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

Locked out of WUI after initial setup

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mob

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Locked out of WUI after initial setup Reply with quote

I am running ZS in the datacenter, only public IPs are assigned to the machine.. I'm unable to login to the web UI probably using the public IP because it only accepts requests from the private address pools originally configured in ZS.

Is there a way around that? is it possible to add a specific public address to the list of WUI allowed IPs using CLI? In the firewall menu in CLI I see Chain SYS_GUI & SYS_HTTPS, can these be edited?

thanks! -M
redfive

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course yes, but the previous settings will be restored at the first reboot, you can use the cli to allow a temporary https access to the system, and then change the access rules in Setup>>Web
After having saved, only the new rules will be present, and the rules added before via cli will be cleared.
Obviously you could also add your custom rules in post boot, different approach, but imho useless in this case, since you can play enough via ui.
Regards
mob

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do i edit the rules via cli?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> ZeroShell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: