www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

Issues with limitations and others

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chnever

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:33 am    Post subject: Issues with limitations and others Reply with quote

Hello everyone.

My name is Christian and I work in a small hotel for long stays and, as you can imagine, I'm trying to build up a small local network with authenticated access for our customers using the most updated versions of Zeroshell and Zerotruth. I would like to clarify that I am not an expert; I call myself a well-trained amateur.

Iím writing this post because I had some trouble in the management of the limits for users and some problems on the post-login window (the pop-up showing time, traffic, disconnect etc.); moreover, it is useful to say that I have not activated/registered Zerotruth yet and the system runs on a virtual machine embedded in Windows 7.
In particular, after many tests and changes of settings, I point out the following issues:

- Bandwidth limitations (both DL and UL), time (daily, monthly and total) and traffic (total, daily and monthly) are not applied; of course I created new profiles and associated users to them;

- Each time the user logs off itís like if traffic data and time were reset, both by looking at the user's details and in the pop-up login window (it does not take into account the traffic and the time of the previous sessions); looking at charts and Accounting is everything listed though;

- If I enable the Zerotruth authentication pop-up and I click on the disconnect button the command doesnít have any effect (it shows that it is disconnected but, actually, the user is still connected);

- After installing Zerotruth Iím no longer able to login using mobile devices; by clicking on "Login" button nothing happens and I verified it is not connected;

- If I apply the original Zeroshell template, once I installed Zerotruth, I encounter various errors on text and buttons; sometimes it generates system errors;

- If I set a language other than "Custom", I have errors on login buttons and text;

- If I do not choose to show the domain on Zerotruth-> captive portal options, it automatically selects the standard domain "example.com" even though I deleted it from Zeroshell and I created another one, setting it as default domain;

- Is it possible to automatically close the "Connecting ..." window after successful authentication? Some customers may think they have to wait before moving forward;

- Is it possible to have the opening of a new tab or window rather than pop-up when you log in? This could solve many authentication problems for less experienced people (90% of customers);

- Finally, I would like to know if and how I can remove the "Change Password" and "Connections Details" buttons from the user login window.

Please note that I have activated Authentication, RADIUS, Accounting, Shapers, QoS, X.509 and Kerberos 5 for all users.

Thank you very much for these useful products and congratulations to the creators for their hard work and the web site.

I hope someone can help me at least on the user limitations; it would be a great help.
chnever

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:10 pm    Post subject: Please! Reply with quote

Nobody keen for some help? Not even for one of the listed problems?

Please help me Crying or Very sad
javiARG

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Issues with limitations and others Reply with quote

chnever wrote:
Hello everyone.

My name is Christian and I work in a small hotel for long stays and, as you can imagine, I'm trying to build up a small local network with authenticated access for our customers using the most updated versions of Zeroshell and Zerotruth. I would like to clarify that I am not an expert; I call myself a well-trained amateur.

Iím writing this post because I had some trouble in the management of the limits for users and some problems on the post-login window (the pop-up showing time, traffic, disconnect etc.); moreover, it is useful to say that I have not activated/registered Zerotruth yet and the system runs on a virtual machine embedded in Windows 7.
In particular, after many tests and changes of settings, I point out the following issues:

- Bandwidth limitations (both DL and UL), time (daily, monthly and total) and traffic (total, daily and monthly) are not applied; of course I created new profiles and associated users to them;

- Each time the user logs off itís like if traffic data and time were reset, both by looking at the user's details and in the pop-up login window (it does not take into account the traffic and the time of the previous sessions); looking at charts and Accounting is everything listed though;

- If I enable the Zerotruth authentication pop-up and I click on the disconnect button the command doesnít have any effect (it shows that it is disconnected but, actually, the user is still connected);

- After installing Zerotruth Iím no longer able to login using mobile devices; by clicking on "Login" button nothing happens and I verified it is not connected;

- If I apply the original Zeroshell template, once I installed Zerotruth, I encounter various errors on text and buttons; sometimes it generates system errors;

- If I set a language other than "Custom", I have errors on login buttons and text;

- If I do not choose to show the domain on Zerotruth-> captive portal options, it automatically selects the standard domain "example.com" even though I deleted it from Zeroshell and I created another one, setting it as default domain;

- Is it possible to automatically close the "Connecting ..." window after successful authentication? Some customers may think they have to wait before moving forward;

- Is it possible to have the opening of a new tab or window rather than pop-up when you log in? This could solve many authentication problems for less experienced people (90% of customers);

- Finally, I would like to know if and how I can remove the "Change Password" and "Connections Details" buttons from the user login window.

Please note that I have activated Authentication, RADIUS, Accounting, Shapers, QoS, X.509 and Kerberos 5 for all users.

Thank you very much for these useful products and congratulations to the creators for their hard work and the web site.

I hope someone can help me at least on the user limitations; it would be a great help.

Currently doing some research/tests around this, i will share any advance...

Thats per session statistics, i think need some answers related to the previous question in order to understand this.

This happened after you applied the zeroshell profile?

IMHO, zerotruth install is some kind of zeroshell addon/mod. So, the installation of zerotruth will modify your current zeroshell profile. I you apply a zeroshell profile, that should break your zerotruth installation.

example.com is the default authentication realm created with zeroshell installation. You must create a new zeroshell profile to create a different realm. WARNING: zerotruth installation get confused with domain names with 3 CD components. For example, if you choose mydomain.com.ar as your auth realm, zerotruth install script will show you a bad FQDN error. So, use as your auth realm a two component domain name (mydomain.net fe).

There is a password recovery option checkbox in configuration.
chnever

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

javiARG thanks a lot!

Looking anxiously forward to your kind reply about the limitations.

Moreover....

+{- After installing Zerotruth Iím no longer able to login using mobile devices; by clicking on "Login" button nothing happens and I verified it is not connected;

This happened after you applied the zeroshell profile?}

This happened after I have installed Zerotruth. Since then, mobile devices cannot access the network because the "Login" button is not working (just nothing happens); not even setting the original template. Before Zerotruth I was able to access with any mobile device system (e.g. iOS, Windows Mobile, Android etc.). N.B. "Info" button is working fine.

+{- Finally, I would like to know if and how I can remove the "Change Password" and "Connections Details" buttons from the user login window.

There is a password recovery option checkbox in configuration.}

I have already unchecked it but "Change Password" button is still there. The procedure is not working, because I disabled it, but I don't want that those buttons are being shown, especially "Connections Details" button, which I cannot even disable though.
chnever

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone again.

Even if I have no solutions yet, I'd like to update my experience (and not with good news).

I've found few more problems:

- if I set the Zerotruth pop-up login page, clicking on "Logout" button the window does show that the logout was successful but the user is still logged in;

- the "Mobile device page" setting does not make any change; nor in the aspect nor in the functionality (trying to access using mobile devices).

Looking forward for some help Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> ZeroTruth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: