www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

how to install zeroshell on virtualbox

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franck Aristide Ouedraogo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: how to install zeroshell on virtualbox Reply with quote

hi , i'm serious problem to install zeroshell in virtualbox.javascript:emoticon('Crying or Very sad')
after the first installation i can't create a profile.
in addition when i am in the power shell i see this :" franck@root ~> " and can't munt my disk.
help me please. Crying or Very sad
reaperz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot help you with your problem, but for me getting Zeroshell lto work on virtualbox was very easy. Just downloaded the image, configured Virtualbox machine and run it. works fine!

Make sure to use 32-bit kernel.

Last edited by reaperz on Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
iulyb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
My issues were in configure virtualbox in order access and manage zeroshell (guest) from the linux host that has virtualbox.

Download latest CD ISO zeroshell image.
Check from your host that you can
Code:
ping google.com
ping 8.8.8.8

If the above commands doesn't work yu need to replace the google's DNS 8.8.8.8 with ior ISP's resolver IP.

1) First create new linux (64) in virtualbox. Setup 1-2G of space. Name it virtual_zh.
2) Under Virtual box File -> Preference -> Network -> Host Only Networks tab add a new network and set the IP 192.168.0.1. This should be different that your current subnet. Do not enable DHCP. On your host check the IPs. Should be somenthing like this:
Code:
$ip addr
11: vboxnet2: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP group default qlen 1000
    link/ether 0a:00:27:00:00:02 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    inet 192.168.0.1/24 brd 192.168.0.255 scope global vboxnet2
       valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
    inet6 fe80::800:27ff:fe00:2/64 scope link
       valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever

3) Under virtual box Click on virtual_zh then settings. Under Network create 2 interfaces, first as Host Only, select the network created at point 2, then click on Advance and under promiscuous mode select Allow All. Second interface should NAT. Depending on your needs you may change or add more interfaces.
4) Start guest and boot from CD.
5) After starting click install and setup the IP o.n te same network that you have at point 2. ( default to 192.168.0.75 ). Attention should be done in matching the interfaces, address 192.168.0.75 should go into ETH00.
6) Restart guest, login then press s then check IPs. You should have something like
Code:
$ifconfig
ETH00:00  Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 08:00:27:34:5C:FE 
          inet addr:192.168.0.75  Bcast:192.168.0.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1

At this point ETH01 is not configured, you need to enable DHCP. Press Ctr C then I on command line or go to nr 8.
7) If everything ok you should be able to ping guest from host
Code:
$ping 192.168.0.75.

8) point your host browser to 192.168.0.75 and login to zeroshell guest. You might need to enable DHCP on ETH1. For this go Setup -> Network then click Dyn.IP button for ETH1. On the new window click enable then close. Make sure u get an IP. (usually like 10.0.x.x ). If all OK you should be able to ping goole's DNS.
Code:
$ping 8.8.8.8

9) Go under Setup -> ssh and enable ssh access. You should be able to login to zeroshell with ssh
Code:
$ ssh admin@192.168.0.75

10) Ping google.com. If this works we are done. Most probable this will not work due to virtualbox limitations.. we need to fix the resolver.
Code:
echo "nameserver 8.8.8.8" > /etc/resolv.conf

Please note that this will not last reboot so you may want to use your browser and add this line into zeroshell's cron/scripts section. On the web interface go under Setup then click on Script/Cron. On the new window select post boot and add the line above. Check enable then save.

Hope this helps other people.
reaperz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use USB image both for Virtualbox (just mount the disk) or physical routers (using physdiskwrite).

Also I use Bridged interfaces in Virtualbox, not NAT.
DrmCa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installing was smooth for me too, I always use bridged mode for all guest NICs so accessing it was just the same as accessing any other machine on my LAN. If the OP still has the issues, I would suggest re-downloading the install image and re-installing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> ZeroShell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: