www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

OpenVPN disable Comp-LZO

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ppalias

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: OpenVPN disable Comp-LZO Reply with quote

Hello!
I need to disable the Comp-LZO option on my openvpn server running on a ZS beta11. I have a client that doesn't support it, so it needs to be disabled globally or for the specific one. Any ideas how can it be done? I haven't found any option to remove this functionality, it is added by default.
ppalias

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone?
vadimka

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems it cannot be done. Openvpn is compiled with this option, so you will have to re-compile OpenVpn without LZO , and integrate it into zeroshell. It might work like this, but i don't know if it is possible.
zevlag

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for reference, what client are you using that doesn't support LZO Compression?
ppalias

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vadimka:
It doesn't matter if OpenVPN is compiled with LZO. It can be disabled with the option
Code:
--comp-lzo no
. However the script that runs OpenVPN adds it by default. I am afraid that adding it on the command line parameters will conflict and wonder if there is a way to change the startup script.

zevlag:
Nabilosat Darkstar 2 with OpenVPN for DM500 (due to limited flash space)
zevlag

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here's the process for you:
  1. At a shell as root# mkdir /Database/patches
  2. # vi /Database/patches/vpn_start-nocomplzo.patch
  3. Paste the large block of code below in to the patch file. Save. Quit.
  4. In webinterface, setup menu, startup/cron tab, in the preboot script put:

Code:
/usr/bin/patch -p0 -d /root < /Database/patches/vpn_start-nocomplzo.patch

Code:
--- kerbynet.cgi/scripts/vpn_start   2009-05-26 18:01:00.000000000 +0200
+++ kerbynet.cgi/scripts/vpn_start.new   2009-07-22 08:24:44.000000000 +0200
@@ -70,5 +70,5 @@
      fi
    fi
    MGT=34099
-     bash -c "vpn --dev-type tap --dev VPN99 --mode server --tls-server --proto $PROTO --port $PORT --dh /etc/ssl/dh.pem --ca $REGISTER/system/openvpn/Auth/X509/CAFile --cert $REGISTER/system/openvpn/TLS/cert.pem --key $REGISTER/system/openvpn/TLS/key.pem $NOCERTREQ $AUTHSCRIPT --daemon VPN99_H2L --comp-lzo $POOL --push '$PUSHGW' --push '$REDIRECTGW' --push '$RESOLVER'  --push '$PUSHNETS0' $PUSHNETS  --client-connect $SCRIPTS/ov_connect --client-disconnect $SCRIPTS/ov_disconnect --mute 3 --management 127.0.0.1 $MGT --keepalive 5 60 --duplicate-cn $PARAM"
+     bash -c "vpn --dev-type tap --dev VPN99 --mode server --tls-server --proto $PROTO --port $PORT --dh /etc/ssl/dh.pem --ca $REGISTER/system/openvpn/Auth/X509/CAFile --cert $REGISTER/system/openvpn/TLS/cert.pem --key $REGISTER/system/openvpn/TLS/key.pem $NOCERTREQ $AUTHSCRIPT --daemon VPN99_H2L $POOL --push '$PUSHGW' --push '$REDIRECTGW' --push '$RESOLVER'  --push '$PUSHNETS0' $PUSHNETS  --client-connect $SCRIPTS/ov_connect --client-disconnect $SCRIPTS/ov_disconnect --mute 3 --management 127.0.0.1 $MGT --keepalive 5 60 --duplicate-cn $PARAM"
 fi
ppalias

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The patch didn't seem to work.
Code:
root@zeroshell patches> /usr/bin/patch -p0 -d /root/ < /Database/patches/vpn_start-nocomplzo.patch
patching file kerbynet.cgi/scripts/vpn_start
Hunk #1 FAILED at 70.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file kerbynet.cgi/scripts/vpn_start.rej

However now that I found where the script is, I altered the original vpn_start script and removed the --comp-lzo parameter and it works like a charm.
zevlag

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you on beta 11 or 12? This patch is for beta 12. It could also be due to copy and paste in this forum.
ppalias

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

b12
I am not sure if the fault is on the forum. However the job is done.
ppalias

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a script that worked for me:

Code:

73c73
<      bash -c "vpn --dev-type tap --dev VPN99 --mode server --tls-server --proto $PROTO --port $PORT --dh /etc/ssl/dh.pem --ca $REGISTER/system/openvpn/Auth/X509/CAFile --cert $REGISTER/system/openvpn/TLS/cert.pem --key $REGISTER/system/openvpn/TLS/key.pem $NOCERTREQ $AUTHSCRIPT --daemon VPN99_H2L --comp-lzo $POOL --push '$PUSHGW' --push '$REDIRECTGW' --push '$RESOLVER'  --push '$PUSHNETS0' $PUSHNETS  --client-connect $SCRIPTS/ov_connect --client-disconnect $SCRIPTS/ov_disconnect --mute 3 --management 127.0.0.1 $MGT --keepalive 5 60 --duplicate-cn $PARAM"
---
>      bash -c "vpn --dev-type tap --dev VPN99 --mode server --tls-server --proto $PROTO --port $PORT --dh /etc/ssl/dh.pem --ca $REGISTER/system/openvpn/Auth/X509/CAFile --cert $REGISTER/system/openvpn/TLS/cert.pem --key $REGISTER/system/openvpn/TLS/key.pem $NOCERTREQ $AUTHSCRIPT --daemon VPN99_H2L $POOL --push '$PUSHGW' --push '$REDIRECTGW' --push '$RESOLVER'  --push '$PUSHNETS0' $PUSHNETS  --client-connect $SCRIPTS/ov_connect --client-disconnect $SCRIPTS/ov_disconnect --mute 3 --management 127.0.0.1 $MGT --keepalive 5 60 --duplicate-cn $PARAM"

This one goes to /Database/patches/vpn_start-nocomplzo.patch and is meant for ZSbeta12.
marcus@richters-it.de

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

push

This option is needed in the gui ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> ZeroShell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: