www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

Help WDS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mapirenet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject: Help WDS Reply with quote

Please I want to know if anyone can help me rrepetir signal zeroshell my router, the case is that I have a router with zeroshell version 1.0 beta 11 and works perfect with a network card in a PCI bridge with Atheros wifi, working as AP and I add to my network router to make a WDS or repeating the signal to other area where the signal does not reach, and do not like to repeat, the router is a Linksys WRT54G with dd-wrt installed and working as perfect Linksys another repeater but I do repeat the signal with the router zeroshell installed, will be that someone can help me
my network structure is
pc server
Mode AP Zeroshell as WiFi router
Mode AP Lisksys Router with DD-WRT as WDS repeater
tranca me and there the matter, do not like to repeat my Linksys signal zeroshell. my email is mapirenet@hotmail.com porsi someone wants help, I am in Venezuela, thanks in advance
fulvio
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the repeater Linksys WRT54G with dd-wrt able to associate with access point built with Zeroshell ? If so, probably you just have to enable the WDS modality for the SSID you decided to repeat.

Regards
Fulvio
mapirenet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your attention, In the Linksys router configuration WDS, he adds the mac address of the router you want to repeat this and add in the router which will repeat, this is where the problem, ¿that instead of setting zeroshell, add the mac address of the Linksys router so that it can effectively recognize zeroshell WDS repeater?, I look for running out and there is no Web interface for wireless configuration and command line wifi in the wifi-manager I can adjust my card the Atheros: dbi, ssid, channel and how to activate or deactivate the WDS, but I do not see or not and how to add the mac address team which will accept as a repeater . excuse my ingles here hen the google translator.
fulvio
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The WDS of Zeroshell does not need to authorize the MAC address of the repeater. Could you use the <L> key in the wifi-manager to look if your repeater is associated?

Regards
Fulvio
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> Networking All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: