www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

Http proxy NOT in transparent mode + QOS working with it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> Request a new feature
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newbie95

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Http proxy NOT in transparent mode + QOS working with it Reply with quote

Because i need to address the zeroshell proxy in my browser. (default PC gateway can not be zeroshell in my network config ,so transparent mode can't work in this case) ! javascript:emoticon('Sad')

QOS doesn't seem to work when http proxy is enable ?!. javascript:emoticon('Rolling Eyes')

regards.
ppalias

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the rules of the QoS and the interface you apply them. When you have a proxy server, traffic originates from the ZS itself.
atheling

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ppalias wrote:
It depends on the rules of the QoS and the interface you apply them. When you have a proxy server, traffic originates from the ZS itself.

The QoS queues are associated with the output interface.

But in 1.0beta12, Zeroshell puts the tagging into the mangle table in the FORWARD chain within iptables. So traffic from the router itself is not tagged for QoS. Without the tagging the traffic will go into a default queue level at the interface.

I submitted a patch to Fulvio that moves that QoS tagging to the mangle POSTROUTING chain so that traffic from the router as well as user traffic from the LAN are properly tagged for QoS. (That wasn't actually the reason I made that change but it had that effect. The reason for my change was so that I could have QoS and network balancing at the same time).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> Request a new feature All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: