www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

I want zeroshell to do this, and I want it NOW!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> Request a new feature
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrfancypants

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: I want zeroshell to do this, and I want it NOW! Reply with quote

I want it to charge 1$ for every feature request that is uncreative or unneccesary

paid to fluvio

I have been using zeroshell for about 2 years on and off and you have done a solid job bringing this along. Do you need any help with any specific feature you are or planning on doing? Is there any hardware you want\need that would help ...

no promises but I use your work enough to try ....

Thanks!

mr Fancy Pants
bram

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are absolutely right, mrfancypants.

But, I guess it would be nice if we could ask fulvio to work on a specific part or module, such as the long awaited accounting module, and 'sponsor' him to get it done?
I don't mean: pressure him by sponsoring him, but just showing our appreciation, and helping him to succeed in finishing it on a priority set base.

Sponsoring could be in the form of funds, materials, code, ..., no?
We just need to check with fulvio and see what he needs the most...
I'm hereby declaring myself a tester Wink
dshove

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would support this as well. I would pay and contribute/test code to see the most requested features implemented. Unfortunately, I haven't seen much progress lately (I just started looking into Zeroshell).

Keep up the good work.
atheling

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an opinion, so it is not worth much but...

If you want something in ZS or a bug fixed, you could try implementing/fixing it yourself and then send the changes to Fulvio.

In my case, ZS looked to be the closest router to my needs with multiple WAN interfaces and support for VoIP (SIP/RTP). I also happen to have a couple of public servers on my LAN and wanted QoS so that mail/web traffic would not affect VoIP quality.

But I found some issues with the interaction of QoS and NetBalance. I dug in and fixed it well enough for my needs and sent the changes to Fulvio. Later, before Fulvio released another beta, there was some interest in my changes and I found that my changes were not enough to solve the similar problems others were encountering so I have revised them and re-submitted to Fulvio.

I must say that Fulvio and ppalias have both been most helpful in considering my changes and helping test them. Those changes are still in a bit of flux while more testing is being performed and users on this forum indicate yet more network topologies that I had not considered. But I do expect that the next beta will be better in regard to QoS and NetBalance than the previous one.

That was the area that I was in need of fixes and I was able to contribute. So if there is an area that you need improvements and you have any ability (or lack of fear), dig in and submit the changes for consideration.
DELETED

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Any suggestion is valid... Reply with quote

DELETED
gordonf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: How about a donation link? Reply with quote

Is there an easy way to send Fulvio money to support this project? I see talk of one but not much else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> Request a new feature All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: