www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

l7 Filter rules to catch bittorrent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> Firewall, Traffic Shaping and Net Balancer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slartibart

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: l7 Filter rules to catch bittorrent Reply with quote

Hi,
i'm new with zeroshell so please bear with me,
I'm trying to set up some l7 filtering router. What do i have to do to catch bittorrent ? The below filter rules do not stop it from working. The ssh rule works fine. Im running 1.0.beta14, booted with apic disabled on a securepoint piranja.

Code:

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 43777 packets, 31M bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination         
    2   172 DROP       udp  --  *      *       192.168.1.0/24       0.0.0.0/0           LAYER7 l7proto bittorrent
    4   312 DROP       tcp  --  *      *       192.168.1.0/24       0.0.0.0/0           LAYER7 l7proto bittorrent
    0     0 DROP       all  --  *      ppp0  192.168.1.0/24       'publictestip'      LAYER7 l7proto ssh

Thanks
diviesh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Me too Reply with quote

Their doesn't seem to be anyone in the know about this.

i really need to have this setup can some one please help i need to be able to control or block P2P

any how to guides, info, faqs anything
garethprice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: P2P Reply with quote

hi,

I got into ZS because I found the router had limited P2P blocking and yes ZS does cover extra P2P protocols.

BUT as far as I understand it, you are not going to block encrypted P2P traffic.

Gareth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> Firewall, Traffic Shaping and Net Balancer All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: