www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

freshman's remarks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ppalias

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: freshman's remarks Reply with quote

Hello!
New user of Zeroshell here! Congratulations for the excellent work! Some remarks I would like to point:
1) Couldn't find any snmp daemon which would help me represent the traffic on mrtg. Is there something or are you preparing it for a later version?
2) My miniboard has embedded cf reader on /dev/hdd and currently in order to boot the image I have installed a cf-to-IDE and attached it to primary IDE cable. Is there any way to chenge grub or something similar in order to boot from /dev/hdd?
3) I was not able to operate the dyndns client of Zeroshell with 2 accounts over the different ADSLs. By the time I enabled it, it disabled itself alsmost immediately cause it was constantly updating with my 2 IP addresses the same account. So as a workaround I made a policy based routing on Zeroshell to forward dyndns update packets from another linux box that are marked with iptables to the correct connection. Have you come across to a more politically correct solution for this scenario?

If you need my help to anything regarding the Zeroshell project I will be happy to assist.
ppalias

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again and happy new year to all.

Any ideas at least regarding the 2nd question with the boot sequence order?

Thank you!
fulvio
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting with the release 1.0.beta10 it is possible to boot from any IDE channel.

Regards
Fulvio
ppalias

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried yesterday to boot from secondary slave and it failed. At the point that it should show the GRUB menu, the screen goes black and after 3 seconds it reboots. Any ideas why is this behavior?
BlueLotus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I am new to zeroshell. I have downloaded the application successfully. As you stated here I have downloaded the latest version and try booting from secondary slave and it failed. Do you have any idea why this happened? Thanks in advance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> ZeroShell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: