www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

zeroshell as a vsphere 5 vm running from vmdk (hdd)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
virtualme

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: zeroshell as a vsphere 5 vm running from vmdk (hdd) Reply with quote

Hi all

First off.. I love zeroshell and its just gets better ..thanks to all of you who have made it what it is !

What I really would like to do is get zersoshell booting only off hard disk in a vm (LSI/bus logic/SAS) in a vmware ESX vm.

This would certainly make it easier to vmotion and import or export as an OVF file too.

While the boot from cd and save config to virtual HDD has its place it would be much more convenient to have it only on virtual HDD for reasons of backup, vmotion and export/import.

Please could/would someone help me to make it so .. I would be happy to test it as well as make a tutorial/walk-through for setups etc.

Thanks a million
Den
virtualme

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: OK I see there is obviously quite a bit of interest here but Reply with quote

no replies as yet

Perhaps somone could tell me which LSI and/or BUS LOGIC drivers a typical LINUX vm uses when running on vmware vsphere 5.0
I could then inject the drivers and have a fully functional vsphere 5.0 disk based zersoshell vm.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards
Den
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> ZeroShell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: