www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

Autodetect NICs with not incorporated drivers (rtl8187)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dj.thd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Autodetect NICs with not incorporated drivers (rtl8187) Reply with quote

Hi,

The other day, I have installed zeroshell beta13 on a 4gb usb drive, on a dell inspiron 910 netbook. I wanted to use it as access point (for connecting to AP as a client, then give internet access through ethernet port), with ALFA AWUS036h wireless NIC (chipset realtek rtl8187L). After many tries, i managed to compile and install drivers.

Now, here is the problem: I have the interface listed at "iwconfig", as well as "ifconfig", but it does not appear in web interface.

Also, I can't control txpower of the 8187L, but I suppose it's likely related to driver issues more than the zeroshell system itself.

Have anyone tried something similar? Finally I managed to connect through the WLAN, but with a very unstable connection (drops randomly, very much packet losses, etc)
There are any way to make zeroshell web interface see "wlan0"?

Thanks
lalecco

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: alfa Reply with quote

I have same problem....
dj.thd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been considering the possibility of creating a self-installable module for the driver, but before that, i would know more information about how the web-interface works, since as i got managed to install and run the driver, it still can't be configured via web-interface. If someone could give any useful info, it would be very helpful for everyone. Thanks!

Sorry for my bad english, i'm spanish T_T xDD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> Networking All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: