www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

Mangle chains

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> Signal a BUG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atheling

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Mangle chains Reply with quote

Hi Fulvio,

While staring at the mangle tables thinking how to address the issue of route persistence for HTTP/S sessions I noticed the following:

1. The NetBalance chain is referenced in three chains: PREROUTING, INPUT and OUTPUT. I don't believe that the reference in the INPUT chain is required and could be safely removed.

2. The NB_STAT chain is only referenced in the POSTROUTING chain so it is missing out on counting traffic that is terminated on the Zeroshell box itself. Perhaps it should also be referenced/called in the INPUT chain.

If you like I could come up with a patch to make those changes.
fulvio
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I'd like. I appreciate your patches and surely I'll include them in the next release.
Do you have tried the VPN bonding to increase the layer 2 bandwidth? I am not sure that it works correctly and I'd like to have your opinion.

Regards
Fulvio
atheling

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fulvio wrote:
Yes I'd like. I appreciate your patches and surely I'll include them in the next release.
Do you have tried the VPN bonding to increase the layer 2 bandwidth? I am not sure that it works correctly and I'd like to have your opinion.

Regards
Fulvio

Sorry I did not respond earlier.

I don't really have an environment where I can test VPN bonding. I'd need another end point with two ISPs and/or an end point with more bandwidth than I have at my house. As it stands I have several times more bandwidth at home than I can easily access elsewhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> Signal a BUG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: