www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

Intel Pro/100 NIC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> Linux and Networking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brtab

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Intel Pro/100 NIC Reply with quote

Anybody have Intel Pro/100 PCI Ethernet cards working with ZeroShell? My cards are admittedly older but I've had them working with earlier versions of Fedora Core without too much problem.

The first question: Are they supposed to be recognized by the beta4 version of ZeroShell or is there an alternative to get them to work?

Thanks,

Bruce
fulvio
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just tried with the ethernet board
00:14.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82557/8/9 [Ethernet Pro 100] (rev 0Cool

and it works fine with the 1.0.beta4.
Zeroshell correctly loads the e100.ko kernel module.

Post the output of the lspci and lsmod commands and ifconfig when the interface it is attached to a swhitch.

Regards
Fulvio
brtab

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick response. Now that I know that they do get detected and will operate they can be made to work.

The problem was that the system they were installed into and working will not run the ZeroShell software. It boots to the 3 item menu but will not continue and successfully run. It hangs shortly after the load to ram says it is successful.

I then put the Pro/100 into a brand new motherboard figuring that would allow me to at least test. It starts and runs the ZeroShell software just fine except that the Pro/100 card weren't found. I never figured those cards wouldn't even be recognized by that system.

Long story short, I'll have to find and set up a system that both recognizes the cards and runs the software.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> Linux and Networking All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: