www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

wireless access points and ZS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> Wireless Networks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: wireless access points and ZS Reply with quote

Ok, I have 2 linksys WAP54G's on one network segment, but have more users than slots available in the 2 points. I need to be able to let more than 100 different users, not all at once but different laptops at different times. Is there a way to allow only authorized MAC addresses to connect to the network. As it is now, i have 50 MACs on each WAP. I lock down by MAC ID to keep unauthorized laptops off the network, as a password will get handed around.
Is there a way to only allow authorized MAC ids on the network and ignore unauthorized, like the wireless MAC filter does on my WAPs? Can this solution also be used to keep unauthorized hard line connections from connecting?
I would use the captive portal section, but that is too complicated for several of my users, and would allow unauthorized laptops with inadequate a/v setups.

thanks
JC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> Wireless Networks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: