www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

ERROR: LDAP Base malformed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scegg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: ERROR: LDAP Base malformed Reply with quote

I setup a new router with empty disk and Zeroshell b15.

I cannot create new profile on the empty new created partition, using all default setting.
ERROR: LDAP Base malformed.

I've tried this at an existed server, which profile is created before b15 and now using b15. The existed profile can be copied, but still cannot create a new clean profile.

Maybe there is some bug here.
badradio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with b16. I have been trying to find a workaround for some time and this definitely seems to be a bug. I'm running a b12 ZS and never had a problem with creating new profiles.

Thanks in advance for a solution.
fulvio
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, check if the ETH00 interface has an IP address configured. The profile creation procedure fails if the ETH00 has no IP assigned.

Regards
Fulvio
badradio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fulvio, Thanks for your reply and THANK YOU for a fantastic firewall appliance application.

Regarding the failure to create a new profile, I believe that I had ETH00 configured with an IP address. As a matter of fact, I was using the browser configuration when creating a new profile.

I found a workaround by using a previous beta14 install. I backed up the beta14 profile and recovered it in beta16 with no problem. I then was able to modify it as if it was created on beta16.

I'm not sure if this will help you in determining where the bug is but it was able to get me past the ldap failure.
scegg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="badradio"]Fulvio, Thanks for your reply and THANK YOU for a fantastic firewall appliance application.

Regarding the failure to create a new profile, I believe that I had ETH00 configured with an IP address. As a matter of fact, I was using the browser configuration when creating a new profile.

I found a workaround by using a previous beta14 install. I backed up the beta14 profile and recovered it in beta16 with no problem. I then was able to modify it as if it was created on beta16.

I'm not sure if this will help you in determining where the bug is but it was able to get me past the ldap failure.[/quote]

Yes. Using beta14 is OK for profile creating.
Repairman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: My Fix Reply with quote

I am having the same problem with B15 & B16. I needed to delete a user account a create a new one. The slapd process goes to %100 and never (waited an hour) finished.
Since my system is on CF, to get things running again. I just created a new CF, restored from backup but I tried again. Same problem!
So I went back in steps, to B15, then all the way back to B12 trying every version. But since I did not keep my backups from when the system was B12 and was restoring backups created by a newer version (not %100 sure, but I think the oldest I've kept is from B14) I was never able to get past the problem. Any change to LDAP would cause the same problem.

Taking a hint from a post somewhere else on here (if I find it again, I'll link to it so the author has proper credit!) I've tried this and it seems, so far, to have fixed the problem for me.

I'm using B16 and following these steps:
Change to, create a profile, modify the default profile. Whatever you need to either use the console, or gain remote access. Don't worry about setting it up %100. I just needed the correct IP on ETH0, SSH and HTML access (my system is headless) and I'm modifying the default profile for my needs.
I then restored my backup which becomes the 2nd profile on my system. Don't activate it yet!
SSH to the system. Login as "admin" and then at the menu type "s" for "Shell Prompt".
Now that you are at a prompt, type in:
(Edit: Because I can't seem to get the "Code" function to work on here. You may not be able to cut and paste this to your SSH terminal. Sorry!)

cd /DB/_DB.002/var/openldap-data/
mkdir bak
mv __db.* ./bak/
exit

_DB.002 might be different on your system. You will need to determine if this is the case, and which one is correct for your system on you own. I also have had no reason to restore the files in bak, but I am keeping them just in case for now.

Now activate the profile and your LDAP problems should be fixed!

I have built a duplicate of my live system and plan to spend a little time making backups with versions starting with B12 and go forward upgrading to see at what point things seem to start causing this problem. But it's not going to be very easy for me as my live system has 3 Nic's a VPN and a WiFi Captive Portal.
phrashee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: GRRRRRRR...LAME Reply with quote

Change to, create a profile, modify the default profile

So er, Where in the interface on the web frontend do you see the option to modify the default profile...???????????????????????????

To be frank, This is annoying, I dont need LDAP, I dont want to deal with the damn thing. I need a Box that i plug in, give it some basic network details (ip address, gateway etc). Where does having to deal with LDAP to create a profile deal with that, cant you have a advanced tab????

Annoyed.
phrashee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: LDAP Deformed error Reply with quote

So I tried the example in the FAQ dc=example,dc=com, with Kerboes set to EXAMPLE.COM and it fails with the error message in the title.....

THE ETH00 interface is setup and is also able to ping google.com, so it is UP...WHAT NOW????????????????????
laenrek

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: ERROR: LDAP Base malformed Reply with quote

I got it to work!!
I had the same problem with b16. Apparently it will only work with static ip address, no dhcp on eth00.
ndipit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 5 static addresses on ETH00, but the same problem on b16
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> ZeroShell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: