www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

Captiveportal with no authentication - access to local web

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> RADIUS 802.1x and Captive Portal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
websterp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Captiveportal with no authentication - access to local web Reply with quote

For a real estate application I need mobile wireless clients to browse to a website stored locally.
No authentication is necessary. For any URL the client tries to access using the mobile browser they should be presented with the local website. After hitting the index.html or index.php they should be able to click on links and browse through to other web pages as well (which are also hosted locally on the same folder)

The questions I'm having are;
1. Could this be implemented with zeroshell?
2. Can I store the local website (html, php, images and videos) on the same server running zeroshell (I'm using Alix 2d2 board with 4GB CF card) and if I could in which folder?
3. There are few external links on the local website. Can I restrict clients browsing only to these and not other URLs?
4. If zeroshell is not suited for this is there any other captiveportal/ walled garden that someone can recommend?

I've been doing a fair bit of research but still couldn't find a workable solution and to make things worse I'm being hit with a deadline next week to have this implemented.
Any assistance or suggestion that would point me to the right direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> RADIUS 802.1x and Captive Portal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: