www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

Zeroshell issues on Epia 5000

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaclaz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Zeroshell issues on Epia 5000 Reply with quote

I have some troubles in getting zeroshell (1.0 Beta 16) to boot on a VIA EPIA 5000.
The thingy boots, but starts to throw a number of errors about some script, the LDAP service fails to start and later the box is not reachable through HTTP or SSH.

Questions:
How I can get a log of the boot (so that I can post it here)?
How can I try to "force" start the http server/service so that the box is reachable from remote?

jaclaz
fulvio
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
the release 2.0.RC1 solves the issue of hang at the boot time if the ldap db is corrupted. Could you upgrade?
Regards
Fulvio
jaclaz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fulvio wrote:
Hi
the release 2.0.RC1 solves the issue of hang at the boot time if the ldap db is corrupted. Could you upgrade?
Regards
Fulvio

Yes and no.
See my other post here:
http://www.zeroshell.net/eng/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3686

The Zeroshell 2.0 RC1 refused to boot (at all) on the Transmeta 800, so I installed there the 1.0 beta 16 (and it is working allright Smile ).
Now the idea is:

• have the EPIA 5000 work with 1.0 beta 16
  • once it has been tested "in parallel", replace the Transmeta 800 with the EPIA 5000

as a matter of fact the 2.0 RC1 refuses to boot at all on the EPIA 5000 also, but that could be well an issue with the filesystems/BIOS/whatever, I need to do a few more tests to make sure, and hopefully find the issue for both the hardwares.

In a more general "plan" the idea is:

• test BOTH the 2.0 RC1 AND the 1.0 b16 in the EPIA 5000 (and have BOTH releases working) but temporarily have it running the 1.0 b16
  • have the Wi-Fi access (for which I am now using the Transmeta 800 with Zeroshell 1.0 b16) be NOT interrupted if not for the strict time needed to switch the hardware, replacing it with the EPIA 5000
  • test the 2.0 RC1 on the Transmeta 800, and IF successful, configure it and have the Wi-FI access again interrupted for the sheer needed time to switch the hardware
  • have the EPIA 5000 with 2.0 RC1 installed ready as "backup/emergency" machine
  • in a longer period, when I will be able to take "out of current use" another EPIA 5000, and I will then "retire" the Transmeta and have two identical hardwares running the same version of Zeroshell and easily "flippable" in case of need

jaclaz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> ZeroShell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: