www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

ZS Beta 16 -> ZS 2.0 RC Packet Loss

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgibbons

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: ZS Beta 16 -> ZS 2.0 RC Packet Loss Reply with quote

Hi

We have ZS B16 on an ESXi Host and use it to bond Two VPN's Back to our ISP for increased bandwidth and resiliance. Has worked fine in multiple sites for years. We then run VPN's over the bond for intersite traffic.

I upgraded as a test a site to V2.0 by creating a new VM and uploading the config. All came up ok. However we noticed a lot of packet loss on the tunnels.

We needed to revert quite quickly back to B16 as its is a production link. I am not sure if the packet loss is on the underlying VPN bond to the ISP or the vPNS running on top of the bond.

At some stage I will bring the V2.0 back up and test where the issue lies.

I suspect that this is something to do with the later bonding driver or later openvpn version or kernel.

So this was just a heads up to say that there is potential issues with a vpn bonded setup on V2.0.

KR's

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> ZeroShell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: