www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

Load Balance with DHCP Not working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
meluvalli

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Load Balance with DHCP Not working Reply with quote

Hello. I have setup load balancing and everything works. However, the only way I was able to get it to work is to setup my gateways manually under NET BALANCER/Gateway List.

If I select the actual Interface instead of putting in the gateway's, the server can't get on the internet.

Is this a known glitch n ZeroShell? Wouldn't be a problem with I had all static IP addresses, but one of my interfaces has DHCP Sad

Thanks!
m_elias

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the same thing, seems to be a bug.
sball

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! Is this still the case? I can't seem to get ZS to loadbalance my WAN-connections (which is all unfortunately DHCP).
DrmCa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is working and all I had to do was add ppp0 and ppp1 under the gateway with the same weight of 1, then enabled them and disabled default GW.

Did you make sure that net balancer is enabled (Status: Active and mode is Load balanding and Failover)?
sball

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't have an Cable Modem or anything like that, so I can't really use pppoe, since I guess my ISP won't accept it(?)

I have a switch from my ISP which has 4 ports with 100mbit full duplex each. I'd like to loadbalance those WAN-connections. Sadly, I can only obtain public IP's via DHCP, and all NIC's seem to use the same gateway. I can't type in the IP's, since they all use the same gateway, thus it will only balance trough a single interface.

If I instead select the interfaces in the gateway-list, it will simply say Failed on each item in the gateway-list. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> ZeroShell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: