www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

Layer 2 routing based on Layer 7 DPI

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jandrake

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Layer 2 routing based on Layer 7 DPI Reply with quote

Fulvio suspects this would be hard to implement via Zeroshell and suggested I post here to see if anyone knows of any way/device that isn't expensive in order to help with this problem. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I have an old device that relies on originating mac/ip to function. I need to route around this old device transparently based on layer7 inspection. So, some traffic will be routed to another path out of the network based on a regex of the URL and the rest will continue out to the old device. Using a layer2 transparent proxy seems like it might work.

I also need to log all layer7 traffic (by mac address) that passes through that transparent proxy so I can get byte usage in/out by mac address and URL.

Two network paths:

Client(browser device)->zeroshell (no match on URL regex)->old network device with same client originating mac address and ip->internet

client(browser device)->zeroshell (match on URL regex)->different network device with same client originating mac address and ip->internet

Thank you in advance to all respondents.
DrmCa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since when L7 works on ZS?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> ZeroShell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: