www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

Disableing Firewall

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcgaryt

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 3:00 am    Post subject: Disableing Firewall Reply with quote

I am setting up a ZeroShell Box to route VPN to my Vyos (Vyatta) box that is in a colo center and then out to other locations. Long and short I have figured out after many tried to get the connection established and I am trying to get the routes right. It appears that the firewall is enabled by default with some pretty standard rules but not completely sure on that one. Question: IS firewall enabled by default....and if so is there a way to turn it off completely (without fiddling with rules) temporarily to get the routes right and then tacked the firewall. I know I will need to allow port 1195 to get through on VPN00 but have not yet figured that out.

Any advice is appreciated.
    redfive

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say ..no , firewall isn't enabled by default , apart some few rules for management purpose. But you can easily check these rules , in Setup>>Web , while for input and forward chains, no rule is applied, and the default policy is accept.
    Regards
    getout

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Firewall Reply with quote

If you are finding it difficult to access the Web GUI on your remote ZS you can disable the Firewall by going into the shell and executing service iptables stop this will turn off the firewall and allow access to the GUI from any IP number.

Don't forget to restart the service again if you keep the profile as is.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> ZeroShell All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: