www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices
 
 SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

Block unknown MAC address to access internet

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> ZeroShell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Shiv



Joined: 29 Oct 2013
Posts: 28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject: Block unknown MAC address to access internet Reply with quote

Hi,
I am using ZS 2.0 RC3. I want to fix an IP address for a specific MAC address only so no other device can use that IP either the device (for which IP address is fixed) is powered ON or OFF. My aim is a new machine with unknown mac address can't access Internet.

Please suggest how to do this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shiv



Joined: 29 Oct 2013
Posts: 28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Block unknown MAC address to access internet Reply with quote

Shiv wrote:
Hi,
I am using ZS 2.0 RC3. I want to fix an IP address for a specific MAC address only so no other device can use that IP either the device (for which IP address is fixed) is powered ON or OFF. My aim is a new machine with unknown mac address can't access Internet.

Please suggest how to do this.


Done it successfully with ARP command. But if I want to unbind it what command will be used. Will -d command work for that?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
redfive



Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Posts: 232

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shiv, did you try by declaring, in firewall, forward chain, both source ip and source mac ?
Regards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shiv



Joined: 29 Oct 2013
Posts: 28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Block unknown MAC address to access internet Reply with quote

Shiv wrote:
Shiv wrote:
Hi,
I am using ZS 2.0 RC3. I want to fix an IP address for a specific MAC address only so no other device can use that IP either the device (for which IP address is fixed) is powered ON or OFF. My aim is a new machine with unknown mac address can't access Internet.

Please suggest how to do this.


Done it successfully with ARP command. But if I want to unbind it what command will be used. Will -d command work for that?


Pardon,,,, after a restart of ZS binding was not in effect it was not working. Bounded IPs are working with other devices also. Can someone help on this? What I missed?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shiv



Joined: 29 Oct 2013
Posts: 28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redfive wrote:
Hi Shiv, did you try by declaring, in firewall, forward chain, both source ip and source mac ?
Regards


Did you mean like in the image here? https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqwfld9vgyvf947/Screenshot-5.png?dl=0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shiv



Joined: 29 Oct 2013
Posts: 28

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Block unknown MAC address to access internet Reply with quote

Shiv wrote:
Shiv wrote:
Shiv wrote:
Hi,
I am using ZS 2.0 RC3. I want to fix an IP address for a specific MAC address only so no other device can use that IP either the device (for which IP address is fixed) is powered ON or OFF. My aim is a new machine with unknown mac address can't access Internet.

Please suggest how to do this.


Done it successfully with ARP command. But if I want to unbind it what command will be used. Will -d command work for that?


Pardon,,,, after a restart of ZS binding was not in effect it was not working. Bounded IPs are working with other devices also. Can someone help on this? What I missed?


Finally it's done. I set a post boot script for the commands and it worked.

Thank you ZS Team Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gopalakrishnank



Joined: 03 Jan 2014
Posts: 17

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Shiv,
Can you post your solution here. it is really helpful for me. please help me with your solution
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shiv



Joined: 29 Oct 2013
Posts: 28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopalakrishnank wrote:
Dear Shiv,
Can you post your solution here. it is really helpful for me. please help me with your solution


I blocked IPs which are not in use for now. Created an executable file for ARP commands and then set a post boot script = System>Setup>Startup/Cron , after that reboot the ZS.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gopalakrishnank



Joined: 03 Jan 2014
Posts: 17

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Shiv,
Please guide me for this. i newbie to zeroshell. how can i achieve this.if u have any reference provide me.

Thanks in advance
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shiv



Joined: 29 Oct 2013
Posts: 28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopalakrishnank wrote:
Dear Shiv,
Please guide me for this. i newbie to zeroshell. how can i achieve this.if u have any reference provide me.

Thanks in advance

I cleared that as above, can't understand what you want more. For ref. please visit the link : http://www.zeroshell.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6005&sid=03ca932f62d033f324dd56408a24aa02
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gopalakrishnank



Joined: 03 Jan 2014
Posts: 17

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Shiv,
you told as ARP Commands written.
I dont know how to write that. please guide for this.my requirement is I want to block unknown new ip cannot connect with My LAN Network.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shiv



Joined: 29 Oct 2013
Posts: 28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopalakrishnank wrote:
Dear Shiv,
you told as ARP Commands written.
I dont know how to write that. please guide for this.my requirement is I want to block unknown new ip cannot connect with My LAN Network.

command > arp -s IP_address MAC_address
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gopalakrishnank



Joined: 03 Jan 2014
Posts: 17

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for ur reply shiv,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> ZeroShell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group