www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

Can't connect to Web Interface.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ayanami

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:06 am    Post subject: Can't connect to Web Interface. Reply with quote

Using a blank default profile I can't seem to access the web interface on a connected machine going through a switch. It doesn't get assigned an IP address which I assume is because DHCP isn't enabled on ETH0 by default?

The layout is:
[computer] <-> [switch] <-> [zeroshell-computer]

I've also tried a direct connect but I don't believe it has a chance of working without crossover cable so I have to go through a switch regardless. I had gotten this to work before and I can't remember how.

Also enabling fail-safe mode also doesn't allow a connection to the web interface or router, the problem seems to be the same where the client computer isn't assigned an IP for the connected interface.
gordonf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject: Try default IP on same LAN at first, or enable DHCP on ETH00 Reply with quote

If you have console access to the ZS device you can either configure it on its default IPv4 address of 192.168.0.75, or you can enable DHCP on ETH00 using the IP Manager, available from the ZS console.

Just going through a switch shouldn't stop you from visiting the default address, though you would need to configure a PC with an address in 192.168.0.0/24 to access it at first.
--
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> ZeroShell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: