www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

Squid is not logging everything

View previous topic :: View next topic  
takats_nandor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:24 am    Post subject: Squid is not logging everything Reply with quote

Hello!

I`m a new user of this OS. Everything is ok for now, but I have a problem with logging the url`s visited by the users.
The log is oke, but the squid is not logging the "facebook.com". How can I resolve this problem ?

Thanks.
gordonf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: It doesn't log https Reply with quote

When I try to use the transparent proxy to find and isolate ad network domains, I'm finding that https protocol is not being filtered. Perhaps the Facebook links are using this.

This is a limitation of the transparent proxy. There are some long and hazardous workarounds to it but, as the HAVP forum header suggests, it hasn't been developed in a long time. I think it has to do with the proxy having to impersonate the secure server somehow.

If the proxy could be specified as an explicit proxy, such that you could add it as a setting in your browser (and enforce it in Group Policy if you use Windows), it might be possible to filter these.

It might also be time for ZS to use a different proxy solution if HAVP isn't being developed anymore.
--
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> ZeroShell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: