www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

Wireless - configure repeater

View previous topic :: View next topic  
igork

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:04 am    Post subject: Wireless - configure repeater Reply with quote

Hello,

I want to extend my network and there is no enough documentation about this. Hope that someone could give me advice.

I have a Router and a Wireless Access Point. I am planning to add ZeroShell with Wi-Fi. If I want it to be a repeater, does it mean that I have to configure Client Station and Access Point at the same time?

Do I have to configure Client Station using my existing SSID and password to connect it to my Access Point? After that, do I have to configure new Access Point with a different SSID for wireless clients to connect? Can I use existing SSID, so the clients could easily move between my Access Points?

How do I configure IP addresses? Should IP be the same for Client Station and Access Point (or maybe it is the same IP for both)? Should I configure different DHCP on this device or will it use existing?

Thank you.
Igor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> ZeroShell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: