www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

Port forwarding not working as expected

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxl_networking

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:02 pm    Post subject: Port forwarding not working as expected Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I've been using Zeroshell for a couple days now. I'm trying to enable port forwarding. We have a server on our LAN and we want it to be accessible from WAN. So I assigned ETH00 the address 192.168.xxx.xxx and ETH01 the static IP provided by our ISP.
ETH00 is plugged to our switch and ETH01 to the ISP's router.

I added a virtual network to forward anything from ETH01 to the server (whose IP is 192.168.yyy.zzz)

For some reason, when I try to connect to our ISP provided IP, I get the Zeroshell web interface, actually only the front page loads, the admin interface's frames won't load.

I also changed the ports (from 8000 to 8000, which is currently dedicated to a testing webserver) to no avail.

BTW, ETH01 shows "Half duplex" on Zeroshell, dunno if it's related.

How can I make my server accessible from outside the LAN ?

Thanks in advance

PS: I'm actually a developer with limited networking knowledge (and I'm unable to get a skilled person to fix the issue) so please bear with my incompetence.
Montikore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I think you didn't configure well the ETH01 interface : you must not put the public IP from your provider, this public IP should be managed by the ISP router only. You have to configure ETH01 with the same sub-network the ISP router is configured on LAN side (WAN side having the public IP).
Start doing this, and things should go better.

To make your internal server available from outside, you have to transfert the wanted ports from the ISP router to your zeroshell, and make a virtual server to redirect it to the wanted internal server.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> ZeroShell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: