www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

How to upgrade from 2.0 RC2 ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xdr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: How to upgrade from 2.0 RC2 ? Reply with quote

Hello,

I've got 2 old zeroshell, one is Release 2.0.RC2 and the other Release 2.0.RC3.
I would like to upgrade it.

I am ready to donate to the community to be able to have a licence key.
I can't find the package manager in the gui perhaps my running versions of zeroshell are too old.

What advice could you tell me regarding my config ?
I know i am vulnerable and that's why i would like to upgrade.

Regards,
Xavier
gordonf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:47 am    Post subject: How are you running ZS? Reply with quote

The first question I'd have is, how are you running 2.0RC and on what kind of hardware.

I found I was able to upgrade from 1.6 beta to a 3.0 version by just backing up the configuration, then restoring the configuration to a new 3.0 installation. If the hardware (or in my case virtual machine) doesn't change, it might just work on the first try. Or at least if your network cards are identified in the same order, the device assignments (ETH00 etc) should be the same and your restored config should work.

Back up a config from the web interface; go to Setup, then Profiles. Select your profile and either backup or backup without logs. Install the new ZS, create a storage partition from Setup, Profiles, then restore your config to it.

This even seems to work if you're migrating from a CD-based boot to a hard drive-based boot.
xdr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

My 2 Zeroshell are appliance hardware (hardware will be the same after the upgrade) with CF card.

So it should works if I write the zeroshell 3.x image to my CF card then restore my 2.0 RC2 backup ?

Thanks,
DrmCa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it should just work. I was running on a Dell Optiplex PC with P4 Celeron 2.2 when I upgraded from 2 to 3, and all it took was backup and restore of the profile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> ZeroShell All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: