www.zeroshell.org Forum Index www.zeroshell.org
Linux Distribution for server and embedded devices

SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile  Log inLog in  Log in to check your private messagesPrivate Message 

Question about RADIUS & Captive Portal Authentication

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> Embedded Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matthew.a.squires

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: Question about RADIUS & Captive Portal Authentication Reply with quote

I Unable to get the WiFi RADIUS profile on my PC to Authenticate through the Captive Portal.

I have the “Automatically authorize any Proxied RADIUS Domain” & the “Automatically authorize any Trusted Kerberos 5 Realm” checked.

The Default RADIUS Request is “PEAP with McCHAPv2”, and this is what I am using on my PC WiFi Connection.

The one and only Authorized Domain is set as the Default (there is no other domain listed)

As I understand it, once the RADIUS profile Authenticates, I should not have to log onto the Captive Portal to access the network, but it is not working out that way.

I do not want to add any IP Address and or MAC Address to the Captive Portal "Free Authorized" zone.

Am I correctly understanding what the “Automatically authorize any Proxied RADIUS Domain” option does?

If it does automatically authenticate through the Captive Portal, why is it asking for a Username & Password when the browser is launched? what am I doing wrong?

If I miss understood the option “Automatically authorize any Proxied RADIUS Domain”, what exactly is its purpose?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zeroshell.org Forum Index -> Embedded Devices All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: